Hurricane Harvey is rapidly approaching landfall on the Coast of Texas.
It is of the upmost importance that every necessary precaution is taken to avoid what is being called the “Strongest Texas Coastal Bend Landfall in at least 47 Years.”
The Weather Channel is forecasting days of rain through the end of August, possible complete destruction of mobile homes, and serve damage to trees. Please follow local authorities’ directives and be safe.
At Ramey King, we want to assure you that our team is already on the job and ready to serve you.
If you have time for safety precautions before the storm hits, use that time. Below are safety precautions will reduce the damage to your property.
Last-minute preparation check list:
- Secure any parts of a fence that looks loose.
- Trim Tree branches that might break off and fall onto buildings.
- Move outdoor furniture, toys, garden tools, and potted plants in doors.
- Fasten charcoal or gas grills to a fence or bring them inside.
- Put any appliances that are on the ground floor (stoves, washers, dryers, etc.) on cinder blocks to reduce water damage.
- Put fresh batteries in sump pumps.
- Shut off electrical power at the main breaker.
If evacuation procedures have already begun in you area, and there is not time for this precaution check list, do not waste time. Do not become another victim just to secure your fence or grill. Begin evacuating your family now.
If you need help with your insurance coverage or claims process, reach out to us by phone 1-800-453-9691 or contact us through rameyking.com/contact-us/.
Our team members are ready to help you. Please reach out to us, and be safe.