Writing insurance for real estate agents and brokers is a key area of business at Ramey King Insurance. Real estate agents create a twofold benefit; first the opportunity to develop a great insurance plan for the real estate agency as well as an opportunity to expand the real estate agent’s professionalism to their clients by being a one stop source.
Some of the exposures for a real estate agent are listed below.
- Office/package program including office contents and as well as offsite personal property.
- Crime or employee dishonesty.
- Hired/non-owned auto coverage; this is very important due the large use of personally owned vehicles by the various sales people.
- Workers compensation for the employees and a clear definition of who needs to be covered.
- Benefits and health insurance; most of this is arranged on an individual basis.
- Last but not least, Errors & Omissions insurance.
While this is certainly not a complete list; it may be enough to shed some light on the various coverage gaps that can develop.
We encourage any real estate professional to take the time to sit down with their insurance agent to evaluate their current insurance program and to determine what coverage’s and risk management tools are available to them. Remember the best time to know about a potential claim is before it can happen.
For more information on this subject; contact Ramey King at 800-453-9691 or visit our office at 510 N. I35E, Denton, TX 76205