As a business owner, you want to do everything you can to boost team morale and also increase productivity. Although your office may be closed during Thanksgiving week, that doesn’t mean you have to lose contact with your employees. You can think of creative, healthy, and fun activities that everyone can participate in outside of work to bring about unity within the company.
First, don’t make this a requirement, especially if some are traveling far to see family. However, if you want to grow closer as a company, it is a good idea to talk with your team beforehand to see what interests them and what they are comfortable with doing. Have you heard of the North Texas Turkey Trot? This could be a great activity to participate in that may bring about a new tradition. Here is the information you need to know about the event:
- Will be taking place on Nov 22 from 8:00am to 10:45am at FC Dallas Stadium in Frisco, TX
- The event offers something for everyone. It includes 10K and 5K races, as well as the Miracle Mile run for kids.
- The inaugural North Texas Turkey Trot will benefit the Miracle League of Frisco.
- There is a new course with a brand new Start/Finish Line.
- Receive long sleeved cotton shirts.
- Enjoy great post-race entertainment.
- Each runner will get a personalized race bib.
If this isn’t enough notice to form a team, you could always prepare for another race later on. Training is important when running or walking in a 5k. You don’t want to risk any injuries or health issues, so if you are unsure if you can participate, check with your doctor first. Your main priority is making sure you and your employees are healthy and happy. At Ramey King Insurance, we believe a healthy, united workforce is the foundation of a successful and positive company!